If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An excellent recipe for a delicious tea. It contains fresh ginger, lemon juice, green tea leaves, and fresh sugar.
Cooking tip: If you don't have a food processor or just like a more coarse texture, scrape the surface of the frozen granita with a sturdy fork or spoon after it has rested at room temperature for 30 minutes. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/ginger-green-tea-granita —Healthline
- 8 cups water
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons green tea leaves
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool 5 minutes.
- Add tea to ginger mixture and steep for 3 minutes. Add sugar and stir 2 minutes or until dissolved. Strain mixture into a 13- x 9-inch glass baking dish and allow mixture to cool to room temperature before placing in freezer for at least 8 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to serving, remove dish from freezer and let stand at room temperature. Roughly chop granita into large pieces. Process 1/4 of the granita in a food processor just until smooth; place in serving bowl. Repeat with remaining granita chunks. Serve immediately or place in freezer until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer