Author Notes: My mom used to make a version of this recipe with ham, and they were always gone as soon as they left the oven. I've adapted them slightly and they're still great. —Leith Devine
packet frozen puff pastry
tablespoon dijon mustard
pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
cup parmesan or gruyere cheese, finely grated
tablespoon italian herbs, dried
- Defrost puff pastry and unfold. Roll out as thinly as possible in a large rectangle shape.
- Spread thinly with dijon mustard, then cover with prosciutto and grated cheese. Sprinkle with dried herbs.
- Roll as tightly as possible into a long log roll. If desired, roll one side of the pastry to the middle, then roll the other side to meet it.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay out parchment paper on a baking sheet. I crumple it up and then flatten it out.
- Cut log into 1/2 inch slices with a sharp knife. Lay slices on parchment paper and bake for 20-30 minutes or until brown. Serve immediately!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer