If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the easiest bread recipe I have, that creates a delicious crust with soft center, with less than a four hour rise time. Same day rolls! —claire
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (98-110)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces kalamata olives chopped
- Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add liquids and mix with a wooden spoon.
- As it comes together, toss in olives and knead by hand until smooth, 3-5 minutes.
- Grease a bowl with cooking spray and cover 1-2 hours to double in volume.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Roll dough into equal sized balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets. (2 1/2-3 inch rolls)
- Rest the rolls for 30 minutes covered in plastic wrap.
- Place in your oven for 10 minutes.
- At the ten minute mark, lower temp to 375 for 6-7 minutes.
- Turn sheet for even heat for 5-7 minutes more or until tops are golden.
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins