Author Notes: This is the easiest bread recipe I have, that creates a delicious crust with soft center, with less than a four hour rise time. Same day rolls! —claire
cups bread flour
cup white whole wheat flour
packet active dry yeast
cup warm water (98-110)
cup olive oil
ounces kalamata olives chopped
In This Recipe
- Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add liquids and mix with a wooden spoon.
- As it comes together, toss in olives and knead by hand until smooth, 3-5 minutes.
- Grease a bowl with cooking spray and cover 1-2 hours to double in volume.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Roll dough into equal sized balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets. (2 1/2-3 inch rolls)
- Rest the rolls for 30 minutes covered in plastic wrap.
- Place in your oven for 10 minutes.
- At the ten minute mark, lower temp to 375 for 6-7 minutes.
- Turn sheet for even heat for 5-7 minutes more or until tops are golden.