Author Notes: My kids love the recipe with chicken, mayonnaise and parmesan cheese. One night, I was almost out of mayonnaise and had to improvise. This is my variation and my family's new favorite. —Leith Devine
chicken breasts; boneless and skinless
cup caesar salad dressing
cup mayonnaise (Hellman's!)
cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
packet garlic or caesar croutons, crushed into crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together salad dressing, mayonnaise, and 3/4 cup of cheese.
- In a baking dish, lay out chicken breasts. Spread salad dressing mixture over chicken.
- Crush croutons into crumbs by bashing them with a rolling pin while still in the sealed bag (very therapeutic). Place crushed croutons in a bowl, and mix in remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle crouton mixture over chicken breasts. Bake for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and crouton topping is browned.
- Of course, serve with caesar salad, or grilled romaine brushed with caesar dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer