If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Most pizza dough recipes are for quantity greater than one pizza. This recipe uses a ratio of ingredients to produce a pizza dough from small (9") to large (cookie sheet).
This recipe is for a small crust, for a larger crust use the ratio to scale up.
For example 1/2 cup makes a small crust, 3/4 cup is bigger, 1 cup will be cookie sheet thick crust. The ratio is the cup size scaled against the spoon size by ingredient.
example 1 cup would be the water measure but the flour would be 2 times that.
1 cup would mean 1 tablespoon or 1 teaspoon of ingredient. —njackimec
Makes small individual pizza crusts
- 1/3 cup white bread flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat bread flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 tablespoon yeast
- 1/3 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 tablespoon high gluten flour (optional) for chewy crust
- 1/3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 splash oil for raising dough container
- 1/3 cup warm water + 1 tablespoon
- Place yeast and sugar in a cup and add warm water. Stir and let sit until proofed.
- Put both flours in a bowl, add salt and sift together.
- Mix proofed yeast mix with dry mix and add oil. Mix well, form into a ball and place in a oiled container to rise.
- When dough is double in size spread on pan. Top with favorite topping and cook in a hot oven 425 degrees or better for 10-15 minutes. Finish cooking to your preference.
More Great Recipes: