If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tart rhubarb, sweet strawberries, and zingy ginger come together in this refreshing sorbet. It gets its smooth consistency from a little Prosecco. As a refreshing dessert or palate cleanser, this is a flavorful and bright spring treat! —theseasonedtraveler
cups coarsely chopped rhubarb
cup granulated sugar
tablespoon freshly grated ginger
cups fresh strawberries, stemmed removed and chopped coarsely
- Combine the chopped rhubarb, sugar, water, and ginger in a small pot and bring to a boil. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the rhubarb fibers have softened and melted into near-liquid state. Remove from the heat, let cool, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Combine chilled rhubarb-ginger mixture and the chopped strawberries in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the Prosecco.
- Pour this blended mixture into a pre-chilled ice cream machine bowl and churn according to the ice cream maker directions (generally let it churn 20 to 25 minutes). Cover and transfer to the freezer and let it firm up for about 3 hours (less for a softer consistency). It can be kept in the freezer for a few days if covered well; let it warm up some before scooping.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer