If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was a happy accident. I had originally intended to make a sorbet. But, due to the unfortunate combination of high sugar and alcohol content, it refused to freeze in my ice cream machine. So I poured the whole thing in a pan and let it freeze, granita style. And, in the end, it's simply delicious! —Stephanie
Makes: about 6 cups
cups watermelon puree (about 1/2 of a standard watermelon)
tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
ounces triple sec (or other orange flavored liquor)
ounces sweet and sour mix
- Note: If desired (for a smoother consistency) strain watermelon purée.
- In a large glass, mix lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and sweet and sour mix. Taste and adjust as desired.
- Add to watermelon and refrigerate 1/2 hour.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients. Pour mixture into a freezer safe container. Cover with lid or plastic wrap.
- After 2-3 hours, remove from freezer. Using a fork, scrape through entire dish. Repeat process until grantia is completely frozen (or to desired consistency).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer