If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Reminiscent of Bananas Foster, this version is great for when you need a dessert in a hurry. But don't just think of it as dessert; try it on hot golden pancakes for a memorable morning! This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/caramelized-bananas —Healthline
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 ripe firm bananas, cut in half and then cut in half crosswise
- 3 cups vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar and ginger and stir until melted and fragrant. Add banana pieces and cook 1 minute per side or until heated through.
- Serve bananas with frozen yogurt and some of the sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer