If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A vegan, gluten-free version of a classic. Crispy brown rice cereal held together with maple syrup, peanut butter and agar agar flakes
~ Adapted from Heidi Swanson's Supernatural Cooking Cookbook
cup unsalted peanut butter
cup maple syrup
teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
tablespoon agar agar flakes
cups unsweetened (or lightly sweetened) crisp brown rice cereal
cup nuts, toasted (** Optional)
- Line two muffin tins with about 18 muffin/cupcake wrappers, and set aside.
- Combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, salt, and agar flakes in a large saucepan over low heat and stir constantly until smooth, hot, melted, and bubbling just a bit.
- Add the cereal and 3/4 cup of the nuts (if using), and stir until well coated.
- Spoon two or three heaping Tbsp of the mix into each muffin wrapper and press into place with the back of a spoon.
- Alternately, if you want krispy squares, you can transfer it to an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining nuts and refrigerate until completely cool