If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake is soooo good, I was trying to recreate Duncan Hines Caramel Apple Cake, and I ended up liking my version more. It bakes beautifully and I ensure you it'll be gone in seconds. —Dania Kazah
Serves 5 hungry guests
- 1 3/4 cups Sugar
- 200 grams Butter (softened)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 3 Apples (diced)
- 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce (I make my own, but store bought one is perfectly fine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in sour cream and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, and then add vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Add sour cream mixture and mix until evenly incorporated.
- In a bowl mix diced apples with cinnamon and ¼ cup of caramel (half the amount) and add to cake mixture.
- Mix well. Pour into greased cake pan and drizzle remaining caramel over the batter. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean