If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When it comes to Madeleines, some say its a taboo to add any leavening. I seem to disagree, why take the risk in baking flat madeleines? I added both baking powder and baking soda, double the trouble. —Dania Kazah
For the caramel
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Double cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt
For the Madeleines
- 100 grams Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 cup Plain yoghurt
- Rind of 1 lemon
- Caramel: In a saucepan, melt sugar on low heat. Do not stir
- When sugar starts to turn a dark amber color turn off heat
- Slowly add cream and mix vigorously then add butter and salt and mix again. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Madeleines: Melt butter and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix baking soda and yoghurt and set aside
- In a mixer, whisk eggs and sugar on high speed until doubled in size, add vanilla extract.
- Add flour and baking powder to the sugar egg mixture and mix until combined. Then add yoghurt mixture and lemon rind
- While mixer is on low speed, slowly pour in the melted butter and mix well.
- Fold in the salted caramel and let batter rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until small hump forms