If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We’re big supporters of a healthy, nutrient-packed diet — but we’re also not opposed to a little indulgence every now and then. If you’re going to go for it, might as well go all in, right? —CAVA
- For Biscuits:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup sour cream, cold
- 3/4 cup Crazy Feta
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- extra all purpose flour
- biscuit cutter
- Place rack in the center and upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter (using your fingers or a pastry cutter) until mixture resembles a coarse meal. In another bowl, combine egg, sour cream, and water. Beat lightly with a fork. Add to flour mixture all at once, stirring enough to make a soft and shaggy dough. Add the Crazy Feta and dump mixture on a clean counter to knead the dough together, being careful not to overmix. Mixture will be pretty wet, so add flour sparingly if needed to hold dough together.
- Roll or pat out into a 1-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch rounds using a biscuit cutter or cut into 2×2-inch squares. Reshape and roll dough to create more biscuits with excess scraps. Place on prepared baking sheet, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with smoky paprika. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Serve warm.
- For Bacon: Brush a few strips of bacon bacon with harissa. Allow bacon to sit for a few minutes and then brush off excess harissa. Start the bacon in a cold pan, laying the strips in the skillet before you turn on a low to medium-low flame. When the bacon starts to buckle and curl, use the tongs to loosen the strips and turn each slice to cook on the other side. Keep flipping and turning the bacon so that it browns evenly and cooks to desired crispness. Lay the cooked pieces on a paper towel to drain. Pour off the bacon fat between batches.
- Assembly: Harissa Bacon, Crazy Feta Biscuits, Over-Medium Fried Eggs, Avocado, Tzatziki
- Smear one Crazy Feta biscuit with tzatziki. Top with a few pieces of bacon, an egg, and a few thin slices of avocado. Top with another biscuit and dig in.