I was looking for a healthy lunch with fish and quinoa. I had prepared in advance my idea with a sketch (below). There was quinoa, various colors of radishes, spinach and of course, cod. Everything was close. But as nothing can be perfect. My quinoa has burned. At this point my pan is still black … In addition to this unfortunate incident, my radishes were no longer fresh enough to be edible … But it never be discouraged! There is always a way to succeed a delicious dish with some elements.
Fortunately, I had my cod and leftovers in the fridge and cupboards. To replace my quinoa, I chose lentils, good alternative. For the crunchy radishes side, I mixed raw cauliflower. I kept the spinach shoots and I added arugula. Finally, for some color and sweetness, I put two carrots lamella boiled in water. —Mary Devinat
- Serves 2
- Cod & Lentils salad
some raw cauliflowers
large knob of butter (or olive oil)
salt and pepper
salt and pepper
- About an hour in advance, cook the lentils in water for about 25 minutes over low heat. Meanwhile, cook the carrots in water 15 to 30 minutes (depending on the thickness of it). I had previously cut into strips while they were still raw. Once these two preparations are cooked, place them directly in the fridge.
- Grind the cauliflower in a blender so they become kind of seeds. Wash the spinach shoots and arugula.
- Now prepare the sauce. Start with olive oil, then spoon of wholegrain mustard and cider vinegar. Finally, cut chives on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat your frying pan and melt the butter. When she melted and the pan is hot, cook the cod pieces over high heat. Think of return for the two sides have a grilled effect. Add on top of the lemon juice and cut parsley. Salt and pepper.
- To serve, place first lentils, “powder” cauliflower, the spinach and arugula and carrot slices. Pour over the dressing. When the fish is cooked, place it next to the salad on top and pour the rest of the lemon juice.