If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When making homemade mayonnaise make sure you are using the freshest possible eggs. —anka
Makes 1 1/3 cup
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lowensenf mustard or dijon mustard
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper ( optional )
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ( optional )
- Place the egg yolk, sea salt, apple cider vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice and mustard into a bowl of food processor
- Turn it on and very slowly start to drizzle the oil in. After you pour all the oil in add garlic powder and cayenne pepper ( if you are using ).
- When the mayonnaise is done, put it in container and store it in the fridge for up to a week.