If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve been known to indulge in a green tea frappuccino from Starbucks from time to time. I consider it a real treat when I get one, but I always wish it was healthier than it is. Enter this homemade green tea frap… It’s made with coconut and almond milk. It’s sweetened a bit with lucuma and coconut sugar. The tea I used is Matcha tea. And, OMG, it’s so much better than any other frappuccino!
Matcha is a type of green tea that is a powder made up of whole leaves of tea. It’s said that one glass of Matcha has the same nutritional benefits as one glass of regular green tea. Green tea, in Chinese medicine is known to be good for the mind, reduces headaches and aids digestion. So, if you use Macha, you can really magnify the already great health benefits of your green tea.
Lucuma is a powder made from a South American tropical fruit. It’s sweet and contains a good amount of calcium, magnesium and potassium. It also has a great anti-inflammatory effect and can improve the condition of your skin. If you don’t have access to lucuma, just use more coconut sugar or add any sweetener that makes you happy.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 7 ice cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons lucuma powder (or substitute another sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons dried coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Put all ingredients in a blender (my Vitamix made quick work of this). Whiz it up until it’s beautifully thick and frothy. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
More Great Recipes: