Sweet ooey, gooey raspberry jam sandwiched between chewy oatmeal cookie layers.
Sweet ooey, gooey raspberry jam sandwiched between chewy oatmeal cookie layers.—Kaitlin Serio
Makes: 16 bars
cup Nutiva Shortening
cup coconut sugar
cup gluten free baking mix
cup almond flour
teaspoon baking soda
cups gluten free old fashioned oats
cup raspberry preserves
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9X9 in pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl cream together shortening and coconut sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat just until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together baking mix, almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in 1 1/2 cups of the oats, setting aside the remaining 1/4 cup.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan and top with the rasperry jam, spreading evenly.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup of oats with the rest of the batter. Use your fingers to drop blobs of the dough on top of the raspberry spread. Note: spread will show through in spots.
- Bake for 25 minutes and cool on a wire rack before cutting.