If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes a bowl for a party
- 2 cans black beans
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced) or 1 shallot
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon hot smoky paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup homemade or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat or olive oil
- 1/2 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- fresh cilantro and red onion for serving
- In a saute pan, heat the bacon fat or olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Let cook for 4-5 minutes, until fragrant and soft. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add the black beans, all spices and some more salt and pepper to the pan. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add in about 1/2 the chicken broth and let it cook down until it is almost all absorbed. Add the rest of the broth and let it cook until only a few tablespoons of liquid are left. Turn off the heat.
- Mix the beans with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in Greek yogurt and serve with fresh cilantro, red onion and tortilla chips.