Author Notes: This southern sweet tea will have you grasping your pearls...In a good way. This ain't your grandmother's sweet tea recipe. —MyMansBelly
teaspoons Teaspoons Sugar
Large, Fresh Mint Leaves
ounces Unsweetened Iced Tea (It's best if the tea is cold from the refrigerator)
Lemon Wedge (for garnish)
Mint Sprig (for garnish)
In This Recipe
- Add the sugar to a heavy bottomed 16 ounce glass followed by the mint leaves.
- Muddle the mint and sugar until all you have is a green, grainy pulp.
- Add the Absinthe to the glass.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice an top off with iced tea.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge, sprig of mint and a straw.
- Then you just give that straw a good stir to kick up the sugar, mint and Absinthe into the tea.
- Take a sip and relax.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks