If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delightful little dish goes with all kinds of meals and can even be made on the grill for a summertime treat! The blend of herbs is my own, but feel free to play with them as you like. —BeijingRose
- 6 medium potatoes, washed & scrubbed
- 3 TBSP butter, melted
- 1/2 purple onion, sliced thin
- Cumin, Sage, Red Pepper Flakes, Garlic Powder, Salt
- Butterspray a baking pan and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Carefully cut the potatoes in slices ALMOST--but not quite!-to the bottom. Gently pry apart the slices a little, being careful not to break them apart, and brush melted butter on the insides.
- Take thin purple onion slices and stuff them between the potato slices. IF a piece comes apart from the rest of the potato, don't despair, just reattach pieces with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle on the Cumin, sage, red pepper flakes and garlic, then place in the oven for one hour. Serve with mustard and ketchup--delicious!! GRILLING: Wrap the potatoes in foil and place on a hot grill for 45-5- minutes to cook.
More Great Recipes: