If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect summer drink! You'll keep batches of the blackberry syrup on hand and use it on pancakes, oatmeal, yogurt or glaze a ham or pork tenderloin. The other best part about this drink is that once the syrup is made, it's only 3 ingredients to assemble. You'll friends will think you're a mixology genius. —sweetisthespice
Serves a lot
Blackberries, Mint, Turbinado sugar, Lime
- 35 Blackberries
- 1/2-3/4 Bunch Fresh Mint
- 1 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1 Large Lime cut into wedges
- 1.) In a large bowl, mash and mix together all ingredients with a muddler or potato masher.
- 2.) Continue mashing until the blackberries are pulverized and the sugar has completely absorbed into the mixture.
- 3.) Place a round colander over another large bowl (to collect juice) and transfer the "mash" to the colander.
- 4.) Continue to mash and mix while at the same time pushing down on the ingredients to release the juice. Using a glass cereal bowl that fits inside of the colander and pushing down is an effective way to collect as much juice as possible. (You may also allow mixture to sit for about 30 minutes with the bowl on top of the mash and let gravity do it's thing. Then come back and squeeze out as much juice as you can.)
- 5.) Pour collected juice into a glass jar with a lid. This can be refrigerated up to 2 weeks. (But probably won't last in your fridge for 2 hours!) Cheers!
Bacardi Limon, Lemon/Lime Pop, Ice and Blackberry Syrup
- 1 ounce Blackberry Syrup
- 2 ounces Bacardi Limon
- 3 ounces Lemon/Lime Pop
- 5-6 Ice Cubes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks