If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's nothing better than a margarita made with fresh lime juice and just a hint of syrup. This one adds a touch of cilantro, and enhances the flavor of the syrup with coriander and dried chiles. —Patrick Huguenin
Spicy Cilantro Margarita
- 2 ounces tequila blanco, such as Casa Noble
- 1 ounce orange liqueur, such as Bauchant
- 3/4 ounce infused simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 1/2 ounce freshly-squeezed lime juice (half a lime)
- 2-3 sprigs cilantro
- Rub cut lime on rim of glass and invert glass in a small plate of salt to coat rim.
- Shake cocktail ingredients vigorously over ice.
- Strain into a glass and serve.
Infused Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed in mortar
- 2 dried chile peppers
- Combine water and sugar in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add spices and steep for 1/2 hour, covered.
- Strain into a jar for later use. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
More Great Recipes: Cocktails