If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The dough recipe is pretty basic and can be found in numerous places. Using cornmeal to prevent sticking was a friend's suggestion (had his own pizza restaurant) and my wife suggested brushing the dough with olive oil so the sauce doesn't soak in. —harpseal
Serves 14" pizza
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 handful cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 packet pepperoni slices
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- Mix yeast and water.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients (except cornmeal) in medium bowl.
- Add water/yeast mixture and stir.
- Knead dough for 1 minute.
- Let rise in warm place for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza pan. Press into pizza pan and roll out to edges.
- Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Spread tomato sauce (spaghetti sauce works great).
- Add pepperoni and whatever else you may like...
- Top with thinly sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 26 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly and enjoy!