If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this drink so much I have planted 4 passion fruit vines in my backyard. Passion fruit has a unique, tantalizing an unmistakable aroma and is the signature flavor of this sangria. Passion fruit is abundant in Hawaii, New Zealand, Australia, Africa and South America and can be found in some California farmer's markets. This light, but full-flavored sangria is reminiscent of the vacation of your dreams. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! —Kim at Something New For Dinner
- 2 Ataulfo mangos or 1 large Haden mango, cubed
- 8 Strawberries, sliced and 2 for garnish
- 2 Passion fruits
- 1 bottle Sauvignon blanc
- 1/2 cup White rum
- 1 cup Pineapple juice
- 1/4 Superfine sugar
- Sparkling water
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Put the mango cubes and strawberry slices in a pitcher. Cut the passion fruits in half and scoop the seed into the pitcher.
- Add wine, rum, pineapple juice and sugar. Stir gently to combine and taste. Adjust sugar as needed. Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight.
- To serve, fill glasses with ice. Pour sangria and a little fruit into each glass. Top with sparkling water and garnish with strawberries and a sprig of mint.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks