Author Notes: Sweet and airy honeycomb candy covered in chocolate —Chrissy
Makes: 2 cups
cup granulated sugar
tablespoons light corn syrup
teaspoon baking soda
cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line with parchment and grease an 8 x 8 inch pan. Set aside.
- Put the sugar and syrup into a deep saucepan and stir together to mix. Once the pan's on the heat, stop stirring!
- Place the pan on the heat and let the mixture first melt and then turn to goo and then a bubbling mass the color of maple syrup - this will take 3 minutes or so.
- Off the heat, whisk in the baking soda and watch the syrup turn into a whooshing cloud of aerated pale gold. Turn this immediately onto a piece of baking parchment or greased foil. I found to spread it, tilt the pan rather than spreading with a spatula.
- Once the sugar has solidified, spread with melted chocolate. Let set until cool.
- Leave until set and then break into pieces.