If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 4 cups
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 1 cup demerara brown sugar
- 2 inches fresh ginger,sliced
- cinnamon stick
- 6 cups water
- Wash and scrub pineapple under warm water.
- Peel and save peels ( this recipe is about pineapple peels )
- Put the peels into pot with sugar ( you can use honey, maple sirup or stivia just add to the drained liquid ), ginger and cinnamon stick, cover with water and boil for 30-40 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Rest of pineapple cut into the cubes and friz, use them like ice cubes for drink, rest is for smoothies
- To make the drink, for every cup of pineapple juice add 1cup carbonated water.
- Serve with frozen pineapple.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks