Makes: 4 cups
cup demerara brown sugar
inches fresh ginger, sliced
- Wash and scrub pineapple under warm water.
- Peel and save peels (this recipe is about pineapple peels).
- Put the peels into the pot with sugar ( you can use honey, maple syrup or stevia just add to the drained liquid ), ginger and cinnamon stick, cover with water and boil for 30-40 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Rest of pineapple cut into the cubes and frizz, use them like ice cubes for a drink, rest is for smoothies.
- To make the drink, for every cup of pineapple juice add 1cup carbonated water.
- Serve with some frozen pineapple.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks