If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love anything that is sour! Combining passion fruits and lemon into one is like the perfect way to pick up your day. Made the pastry with sesame and poppy seeds for an added texture. —Liting Ong
- 150 grams Plain flour
- 80 grams Unsalted butter (cold)
- 50 grams Ground rice flour
- 50 grams Caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon Poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- 6 Passion fruits
- 2 Lemons (squeezed and zest)
- 100 grams Caster sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup thicken cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place 80g of cold butter, 50g sugar, 150g plain flour, 50g ground rice flour, 1 tbs sesame seeds and 1 tbs poppy seeds into the food processor and process it until it becomes fine crumbs
- Roll out the crumbs into a 23cm tart ring and place it into the oven to bake for 15min or when the pastry turns golden brown
- After 15min, take out the pastry and let it cool slightly
- Reduce the oven heat to 160 degrees
- While the pastry is baking, blitz the 6 passion fruits, 2 lemons and lemon zest together.
- Sieve the passionfruit and lemon juice into the mixture
- Add 1/2 cup of thicken cream into the mixture and whisk it gently to ensure that the mixture is well mixed.
- Carefully pour the mixture onto the pastry and let it bake in the oven for 40min. After the tart is baked (turns golden brown and with a slight wobble), leave it to cool and set.
More Great Recipes:
Pies & Tarts