If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: "Erdbeerbowle" is a wine punch served at summer parties in Germany. It is a refreshing drink. —Sunnycovechef
Serves serves 5 to 8 people
- 2 pounds strawberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 pieces lemon zest
- 2-3 tablespoons orange flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 bottle of dry, white wine (chilled)
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine ( chilled)
- About two hours before the guest arrive wash the strawberries and pat them dry. Remove the stems and half or quarter the large berries. Leave the small ones whole.
- Place the berries in a pretty bowl. I like glass containers. Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the berries, stir, and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Add the liqueur, the lemon zest, and half a bottle of wine and marinate for about an hour in the fridge.
- When the guests arrive add the remaining wine and sparkling wine. Garnish with mint or lemon balm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
More Great Recipes: