Author Notes: "Erdbeerbowle" is a wine punch served at summer parties in Germany. It is a refreshing drink. —Gerlinde de Broekert
Serves: serves 5 to 8 people
cup powdered sugar
pieces lemon zest
tablespoons orange flavored liqueur (optional)
bottle of dry, white wine (chilled)
bottle of sparkling wine ( chilled)
In This Recipe
- About two hours before the guest arrive wash the strawberries and pat them dry. Remove the stems and half or quarter the large berries. Leave the small ones whole.
- Place the berries in a pretty bowl. I like glass containers. Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the berries, stir, and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Add the liqueur, the lemon zest, and half a bottle of wine and marinate for about an hour in the fridge.
- When the guests arrive add the remaining wine and sparkling wine. Garnish with mint or lemon balm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks