If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love a good Sangria in the summer. Or here in california on any warm day, which seems to be year round now. Tangerines are a nice twist on the usual oranges in traditional sangria. Strawberries and Meyer lemons add color and flavor. —Kim at Something New For Dinner
Serves 4 - 6
- 4 Tangerines, sliced
- 12 Strawberries, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 Meyer lemon, sliced
- 1 Bottle Spanish rioja red wine
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- 1 cup Tangerine juice
- 1/4 cup Superfine sugar
- Sparkling water
- 6 sprigs Mint, for garnish
- Put all the fruit in a pitcher. Add wine, Cointreau, tangerine juice and sugar. stir gently, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, fill the glasses with ice. Pour in sangria with a little fruit. top with sparkling water and garnish with strawberries and a sprig of mint.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks