Author Notes: Super easy homemade strawberry syrup for soda! —Molly Doughvelopment
cup strawberries, whole
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once simmering, add strawberries, cooking an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Stir occasionally and break up strawberries using a heatproof spatula.
- Remove pan from heat, allow syrup to cool to room temperature. Then puree with food processor, blender, or immersion blender until smooth.
- To serve mix 2 to 3 Tablespoons of strawberry syrup with about 8 oz sparkling water. Stir gently to mix. Store syrup in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks