If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I live in South Korea and was invited to the first picnic-on-the-river of the spring season. My instructions: Bring booze. While I know these kids prefer their beer and soju, I wanted to give them a taste of the good stuff. This recipe is original in that I looked nothing up. Being a simple recipe, I'm hoping I haven't 'stolen' this idea from anyone.
Serves only the best
24-48 Hours before
- .5 cups Hendricks Gin
- 4-5 cucumber slices
- 5 dehydrated strawberries (homemade or store bought)
- 5 cups water
- 1.5 lemons (squeezed)
- .5 cups sugar (I used white)
- Cucumber Gin: Pour Hendricks gin into a glass jar. Add cucumber slices. Cover the jar. Allow to sit 24-48 hours prior to use.
- Strawberry Lemonade: Bring water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, squeeze the lemons and remove any seeds or pulp. Add the lemon juice to the boiling water. Add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Remove from heat. Once cooled, add dehydrated strawberries. Refrigerate 24-48 hours. **You'll notice the color of the lemonade changes from pale yellow to a slightly orange-pink color - this is to be expected**
The Final Touches: You can get as fancy as you want here.
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh Cucumber
- Cucumber Gin
- Fancy Presentation: Peel the cucumber into thin, slices. Place it flat against the inside of the glass. Add ice. Pour cucumber gin over ice. Add strawberry lemonade. Stir. Garnish the glass with a strawberry on the rim.
- "Just do it" method: (good for 'on the go' - ie picnics) Add cucumber gin to the strawberry lemonade. Stir. Add fresh strawberries and cucumber. Serve with ice (if anyone remembered to bring it!)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks