Author Notes: I love iced tea and lemonade in the summer but sometimes its nice to switch things up a little. Last summer I was addicted to a hibiscus spritzer they sold at a local restaurant. I could never quite figure out the recipe so I came up with this one. Its light, fruity, sweet but not too sweet and the color is just so happy! —nycnomad
Hibiscus Raspberry Tea Bags
tablespoons Granulated Sugar (adjust sweetness to your taste)
- Place the tea bags in a glass pitcher. Boil the water and pour into the pitcher.
- Allow the tea to steep for 5-10 minutes, longer if you prefer a stronger fruitier flavor.
- Remove the tea bags and wait for the tea to cool slightly.
- Add the sugar to the tea while it is still warm so that dissolves more easily.
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator and chill completely.
- When you are ready to serve, slice the limes in half and squeeze 1/2 lime per glass and pour the tea over it. This prevents the lime from making the tea bitter while adding a lovely citrus burst to the tea.
- Serve over ice , with a slice of lime and a sprig of mint if you so choose. Sit back and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks