If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A not-too-sweet mango cake, with a hint of orange —Chrissy
Makes 1 cake
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (from 1 orange)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cake flour
- confectioner's sugar, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Grease and sugar a standard-sized bundt pan.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the mango until smooth
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce and vanilla until well blended. Add the mango and zest and combine thoroughly. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Lower the oven to 400F. Bake for 40-45 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Let cool in the bundt pan for 15 minutes and then remove to continue cooling.
- Serve warm or cold, topped with confectioner’s sugar.