If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Smoked Applewood Scallops with Brussels Sprout Leaves is a spring-satisfying recipe that can be made in under about 20 minutes. Great for entertaining guests! —Seasonally Jane
Serves two servings
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Applewood Sea Salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 red pearl onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Prep the Brussels sprouts by using your fingers to separate individual leaves. Wash the leaves thoroughly and set them aside.
- Place the scallops into a bowl and season them with smoked applewood sea salt and pepper, gently toss to coat.
- Heat two tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick saucepan over high heat. Place the scallops flat down onto the saucepan and cook, flipping once, until browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the Brussels sprout leaves and red pearl onion, season with lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper. Sautee for 2 minutes, until warmed and just cooked but before they begin to wilt. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the scallops and Brussels leaves onto a serving plate and serve immediately.