If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The famous and weird Aussie burger transformed into chili. A sweet and sour creation! —Chrissy
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup pickled beets, diced
- 14 ounces can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 14 ounces can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef stock
- 4 eggs
- cilantro, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for the pan, plus more for the eggs
- Heat a large, deep stock heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the spices, chili paste and salt and pepper.
- Add the ground turkey, and cook until brown, stirring often. Add the beets, pineapple, beans, tomatoes and stock. Reduce heat the low and let simmer about 15 minutes.
- While the chili is simmering, add a dollop of oil to a skillet and fry the eggs as you like I like mine over medium.
- To serve, fill a bowl with the chili and place an egg on top. Garnish with cilantro.