Author Notes: Both the passion fruit and mint give this sweet drink a kick that totally hits the spot when you’re craving something sweet—especially on a hot day. —Vy Tran
Food52 Review: WHO: Vy Tran is a gardening enthusiast with a soft spot for tropical fruits,
WHAT: A subtly sweet summer smoothie.
HOW: Blend together mangoes and passion fruit with creamy yogurt, coconut milk, mint leaves, and ice. Add some honey to adjust for sweetness and enjoy!
WHY WE LOVE IT: This lassi, made with fresh mint and just a touch of honey, tastes just the way a summer drink should—slightly sweet and incredibly refreshing. —The Editors
Makes: 2 drinks
cups flesh of champagne mangos
passion fruits, flesh only (reserve seeds for serving)
cup coconut milk
handful ice cubes
tablespoon honey (optional)
- With the exception of the honey and passion fruit seeds, place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness and add honey if needed. Divide between two glasses. Add the passion fruit seeds on top and serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks