If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I honestly can't decide if I like this better as a hot tea toddy or a patio cocktail! I suppose that makes it a drink for any season. Cheers! —Stephanie
- 1 tablespoon dried peppermint
- 1 tablespoon dried lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring to make sure sugar dissolves, and cook for 1 to 2 min.
- Remove from heat. Cover and allow mixture to steep until room temperature, about 20 min. Strain peppermint and lemongrass out. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Spiked & Spiced Tea
- 16 ounces boiling water
- 4 green tea bags
- 2 ounces Spiced Syrup
- 2-3 ounces gin (optional)
- 2 sprigs mint
- Steep tea bags in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Remove tea bags. Stir in Spiced Syrup and let cool in refrigerator.
- Thoroughly stir gin into cooled tea mixture. (For a non-alcoholic Spiced Tea, simply omit this step.)
- Add ice as desired. Add more gin or syrup to taste. Garnish with fresh mint sprig.
- Note: For a Spiced Tea Toddy, skip the refrigerator and serve piping hot!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks