If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love crisp, icy, citrusy drinks in the summer. I created this version using variations of citrus fruits and it's been a big hit at our barbecues. —Gina Bruce
Prepping the glass
- 1 juicy orange
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- Cut the peel off the orange. Cut the pulp in quarters and remove as much pith as possible. Reserve rind.
- Prepare tall glass - use rind to moisten rim of glass with orange flavor, then dip glass into raw sugar. Set aside.
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce orange liqueur (I use Cointreau)
- some grated orange rind
- 2 ounces orange flavored vodka (I use Absolut Mandarin)
- 5 pieces ice cubes
- 3 fresh kumquats
- 1/2 cup orange flavored sparkling water (I use Poland Spring Mandarin)
- Muddle orange quarters in cocktail shaker with simple syrup, fresh lime juice, orange liqueur and some grated orange rind. Add orange flavored vodka. Add ice cubes and shake well.
- Strain into prepared glass. Top with orange flavored sparkling water. Add a twist of reserved orange rind, and a couple of fresh kumquats, sliced in rounds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
More Great Recipes: