If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A little tart 'n' sweet floral sipper for the coming of SPRING! We should note that we highly recommend using Greenbrier gin from Smooth Ambler, a small batch distillery outside of Lewisburg, West Virginia. It's great for this drink because it has a smooooth citrus flavor without the dominant juniper taste of other dry British gins (which certainly have their place). The Mayday also works well as a punch--I made a huge batch of the stuff for my birthday party, and with its bright purple hue, it looked so festive in the bowl. It's also strong and easy to drink a lot of. Mayday, mayday, going down...
Created by Nothing in the House, Panda Head Blog, and Tanglewood Baked Goods
http://www.nothinginthehouse.com/2012/05/birthday-cake-on-pie-blog-for-panda.html —Nothing in the House // Emily Hilliard
Makes 1 drink
- 1 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces lavender simple syrup
- 3 ounces gin (Greenbrier Gin from Smooth Ambler or another citrus-y gin)
- 3 frozen blackberries
- Shake with ice and strain. Drink immediately and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks