If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Reminiscent of that famous mall drink, The Orange Julius, this one incorporates almond milk, orange juice and a few other ingredients for a refreshing slush. Add a little vodka for the grownup version. —inpatskitchen
Makes 2 drinks
For the cubes
- 14 to 16 ounces fresh orange juice
- Pour the orange juice into a 14 cube ice cube tray and freeze until solid.
For each slush
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 7 of the frozen orange cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 gratings of nutmeg
- 1 to 2 ounces vodka (optional)
- In a blender, whiz all of the ingredients until blended and slushy.( Remember that the vodka is optional for grownups) Pour into a tall glass, add a couple of straws, drink and relax! Repeat for your second glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks