If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapt cake recipes from Windischgirl and hers Mrs. Shunke's Apple Kuchen
Makes: 9-inch cake
large eggs room temperature
cup granulated sugar
cup All-purpose flour
cup butter, melted and cooled
small blood oranges
cup orange jam, melted and strained
- Line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment.
- With a sharp knife, slice ends off oranges, following the curve of the fruit, cut away peel and white pith, slice oranges crosswise into rounds and remove any seeds and set aside.
- Melt 3 tbs butter and pour over bottom of prepared pan, sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar, arrange sliced oranges over the sugar in a pan and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and 3/4 cup sugar for 6 minutes, add in the flour and melted butter.
- Pour batter over oranges, make sure not to disturb the fruit, smooth the batter.
- Place cake in oven on the middle rack. Bake on 350F for about 40 minutes.
- Test the cake with a toothpick, making sure it is cooked in the middle.
- Let it cake cool for about 30-40 minutes.
- With the knife loosen edges along the pan.
- Put a large platter face down over cake pan and flip.
- Brush cake with melted orange jam (1 cup orange jam, 2 tbs water).