If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pasta sauce is a riff on pesto, using peeled almonds, milk, basil, Parmesan, and ricotta. Adapted from De Cecco pasta. —Posie Harwood
- 1 bunch basil
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan, freshly grated
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup peeled, sliced almonds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pound dried pasta (or fresh!)
- 2 cloves garlic
- In a food processor, combine the basil, Parmesan, milk, garlic, and almonds, salt, and pepper and blend until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the ricotta and melted butter. Add the basil mixture to the bowl and gently fold the sauce together.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add your pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and mix it with the basil sauce while the pasta is still warm. Top with grated Parmesan, if you'd like, and serve warm.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!