If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The ultimate marble cake —SweetSourSavory
Makes 1 loaf
- 250 grams butter
- 250 grams sugar
- 4 pieces eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or the seed from 1 vanilla bean pod
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 50 milliliters milk
- 2.5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cold espresso or another strong coffee
- Preheat the oven for 355℉ (180℃).
- Butter a 4¾x9” (12x23 cm) pan. Line the bottom with some parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until very light and fluffy, mix in the vanilla paste. Add the eggs one at a time, and mix just until fully incorporated.
- Sift flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Fold in alternately dry ingredients and milk.
- Pour ⅔ of the batter into the prepared pan. Mix in cocoa and coffee in the last third of the batter, and pour it on top of the white in the pan. Using a knife “cut” in a zig-zag and up’n down motion down the pan to create a marbled effect.
- Bake the cake for 45-55 minutes until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Turn out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool.