If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy shrimp stew spiked with flavors of lime, coconut and cilantro. Also can be made with white fish. —Chrissy
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 onion, large, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 14 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup cilantro, fresh, diced
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 4 cups cooked rice, to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for the pan
- In a bowl, place the shrimp, salt, pepper, garlic and lime juice and let marinate for about 20-30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil, onion and peppers and cayenne, and let cook until soft, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and coconut milk, and give it a good stir. Add the shrimp mixture (juice and all), cover, and let cook about 10 minutes until the shrimp are cooked through and pink.
- Once ready to serve, stir in the cilantro. Serve atop rice or just as a soup by itself.