If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I can hardly say "strawberry" without smiling. I love the way they look, their taste, and the time of the year they're available. When they're freshest, I'm always looking for new ways to cook with them.
On a lazy Sunday I made these Strawberry Muffins and couldn't setting with making them as simple as they sound, so I added a dash of lemon extract create another level of freshness and some puffed rice cereal for crunch. The result were these delicious, buttery, sweet, strawberry muffins; perfect for breakfast, tea time, or whenever your heart desires.
this recipe was adapted from Ina's Strawberry Muffins found here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/strawberry-muffins-recipe.html —Michelle Hopper
Makes 1 dozen muffins
- 1.5 cups all- purpose flour
- .5 tablespoons baking powder
- .25 teaspoons baking soda
- .25 teaspoons salt
- .75 cups sugar
- .5 + 2tbsp cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- .5 cups butter (1 stick)
- 1 dash lemon extract
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 handful puffed rice cereal
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners or grease the muffin tin.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir with a spatula until all the ingredients are just combined. Combine the milk, eggs, and melted butter. Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture, pour the wet mixture into the well, and stir until just combined. Add a dash of lemon extract and stir gently. There will be some lumps but don't overmix the batter or it will be tough. Add the strawberries and stir gently till they are evenly mixed throughout the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. (I use an ice cream scoop, but a spoon will work just as well.) Top with a small spoonful of cereal around the edges of the muffin batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops are nicely browned.