If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is soup perfectly pungent and an easy way to get your green on. —Thai Me Up Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 500 grams broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 125-150 grams blue cheese, depending on how pungent your cheese is
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and vegetable oil in a large saucepan, over a medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the onions, celery and a pinch of salt to draw out the moisture and prevent the onions from browning. Cover with a lid and allow the vegetables to sweat for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broccoli and vegetable stock to the saucepan, bring the mixture to a boil and then down to a simmer. Cook the broccoli for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and crumble in the blue cheese. Whizz with a hand blender or transfer into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with croutons or with crusty bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff