If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These oatmeal cookies bake into perfect, lacy cookie wafers. The almonds add additional flavor and texture, and the lemon tops it off with a perfect spring touch. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
Makes 2 dozen
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, oats, almonds, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, mix the butter and both sugars together until smooth. Mix in the egg, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture, and mix until well combined.
- Form cookie dough into about 1” balls and drop onto greased cookie sheets (dough will be sticky - easiest to use two spoons). You should end up with about 2 dozen cookies.
- Bake at 375 for 9-10 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown on the bottoms. Cool in pans for about 10 min, then enjoy!