Author Notes: Cupcake-looking Sushi with Edamame and Shrimp. —Rie
Makes: 3 cups
grams Cooked Short Grain Rice
grams Cooked Shrimp
grams Boiled Edamane Beans
teaspoon White Sesame Seeds
teaspoon Soy Sauce
teaspoon Wasabi Paste
In This Recipe
- Prepare Sushi Rice. Dissolve sugar in vinegar. Add the vinegar in the rice while the rice is still hot.
- Cut the shrimp into small pieces. Shell the edamame beans and cut into pieces. Save half of the edamame for topping cream.
- Mix the shrimp, edamame and white sesame seeds with the sushi rice. Divide the sushi rice into 3 equal sized balls.
- Layout a piece of plastic wrap and place a rice ball in the center. Lift and hold the four corners of the plastic wrap and twist.
- Flatten the top for cream topping. Place the rice ball in a paper cup with flat side up.
- Dry the tofu to remove excess water: Wrap the tofu in a paper towel and heat it in a microwave for about 1 minute.
- Mix the tofu with edamame, soy sauce and Wasabi paste in a food processor, to get a nice smooth creamy texture.
- Decorate the rice ball with the tofu cream using a decoration tube or spoon so it will look like a cupcake!
- Repeat to make 2 more "Cupcake" Sushi.
- For decoration, slice sausage and cut the top into zigzag shape to imitate tulip flower.
- Put edamame on both sides to imitate leaves of the flower.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff