If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cupcake-looking Sushi with Edamame and Shrimp. —Rie
Makes 3 cups
- 120 grams Cooked Short Grain Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Vinegar.
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 30 grams Cooked Shrimp
- 60 grams Boiled Edamane Beans
- 1 teaspoon White Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Wasabi Paste
- 1 Sausage(For decoration)
- Prepare Sushi Rice. Dissolve sugar in vinegar. Add the vinegar in the rice while the rice is still hot.
- Cut the shrimp into small pieces. Shell the edamame beans and cut into pieces. Save half of the edamame for topping cream.
- Mix the shrimp, edamame and white sesame seeds with the sushi rice. Divide the sushi rice into 3 equal sized balls.
- Layout a piece of plastic wrap and place a rice ball in the center. Lift and hold the four corners of the plastic wrap and twist.
- Flatten the top for cream topping. Place the rice ball in a paper cup with flat side up.
- Dry the tofu to remove excess water: Wrap the tofu in a paper towel and heat it in a microwave for about 1 minute.
- Mix the tofu with edamame, soy sauce and Wasabi paste in a food processor, to get a nice smooth creamy texture.
- Decorate the rice ball with the tofu cream using a decoration tube or spoon so it will look like a cupcake!
- Repeat to make 2 more "Cupcake" Sushi.
- For decoration, slice sausage and cut the top into zigzag shape to imitate tulip flower.
- Put edamame on both sides to imitate leaves of the flower.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff