If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Banana Dutch Baby is flavorful, buttery and smooth and the texture is very similar to bread pudding. If you love bread pudding, then this recipe is a must. —April B
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup All purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 Banana Diced
- 1 Banana sliced the long way and a couple sliced the regular way for the center of pie
- 1/4 teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional for topping)
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet.(Cast Iron can be used) over medium heat, melt butter, add sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon nutmeg. Add diced bananas and cook for 5-7 mins.
- In a blender, Add eggs, half of the banana, milk, flour salt, baking powder vanilla and lemon extract and mix.
- Pour milk mixture into an lightly oiled cast iron then add the brown sugar banana mixture on top and swirl the mixture lightly all over, then add slices of bananas on top. I slice the bananas the long way then sliced circular ones for the top of the pie.
- Bake until golden about 15 mins. The edges will bubble up when done
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or syrup.(optional)