Author Notes: If we’re talking of spring picnics, than we’re talking of strawberries.
In my dreams, the perfect picnic is a little in between “Pretty Woman” and “Little Women”: strawberries & champagne in a rustic backyard with linen & lace candid napkins and the perfect wicker picnic basket!
Oh yes, that would be perfect…. And not so difficult… I could do it anytime…
I think I know what’s gonna happen next Sunday!
By now, I’ve included strawberries in my picnic basket as Lemonade: pink, intense, girly lemonade… with an aromatic touch. Rosemary. —Claudia | Gourmet Project
Makes: 1 bottle
medium size lemons
milliliters tap hot water
- Place water and rosemary in a saucepan, bring to a boil, remove from heat and let chill.
- Clean the strawberries and remove the stems. Juice the lemons.
- Place all the ingredients except the rosemary sprigs in the blender and spin for a couple of minutes.
- Taste and add honey if you want it sweeter. I believe the 3 tablespoons are enough to clearly feel strawberries taste and their soft sourness!
- Strain the liquid to remove seeds.
- Place the rosemary sprigs in the bottle and add the lemonade. Wait for the lemonade to chill and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours before serving. take it to your picnic!