If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These dijon chickpea fritters are pretty straightfoward to make, not to mention healthy. You can serve these as an entree for two with a nice green salad on the side or as an appetizer for a bigger group. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
Serves 2 as entree, 4 as appetizer
- 15 ounces can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- canola oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Harissa
- In a large bowl, mash chickpeas with the back of a wooden spoon or a potato masher until they are completely broken down. Add onion, garlic, egg, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix until fully combined. Add flour, one tablespoon at a time, until there is no visible liquid but it is still relatively wet.
- Heat canola oil in a cast iron skillet. Using your hands, form 6-8 fritters and drop them into the hot oil. Cook on each side for 3-6 minutes, until nicely browned, then flip and repeat on remaining side.
- Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise and Harissa.
- Serve fritters with Harissa aioli.